Ideal Ruff Weather Pet Door

About Ruff Weather Pet Door or Ideal Ruff Weather Pet Door

Ruff weather pet door or ideal ruff weather dog door is another ideal dog door used to protect dog and pet against any kind of weather. Whether it is rainy day or sunny day, containing your dog will never be a problem. With the high quality materials used in creative construction of this dog door, every pet owner definitely has the confidence to leave their little friend. Knowing that they are safe and sound inside the contained area, leaving them alone at home won’t be a problem.


Consumer Reviews:
Ruff weather waterproof pet door was durable, easy to install & use, good size opening and with locking option although it lets in drop but still it is best for front door, large dogs and small dogs. The product was great. I was very dissapointed with your cost however. I saw same unit short while later at local hardware store 20% cheaper. realized I paid Sugg. Manu. retail. That will teach me to shop all my purchases. " Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

I love this door it works really well for my Lab and Beagle. We have recently moved so we had to get a new door for this home,so I bought this because it is the same one I had in the old house with one exception they used to come with 2 locking door slides to close off the door!This is why I give it only 4 stars. I found having 2 really helped with blowing snow and draft's!

Installed wall unit. Interior and exterior frames and flaps are good. Wall insert is a waste of $. Insert is 6 pieces of plastic that snap together that result in a poor fit. Had to replace plastic insert with homemade wood insert.

This door has significantly cut down on the draft that came through my old dog door, and it was easy to install. I'll change my rating to a 5 star review once I see how durable the seal is over time.

Pros: Double flap makes for GREAT insulation, Dogs love the freedom

Cons: Really the unit has none, I did have to move a stud in wall but was because I went in wall and was an extra large

Our two boxers were having way too much fun making us get up through the nigh and during movies to let them out in to the play yard. Thus the idea came to attach the play yard (a 20'x10'x6 dog run) to the side of the house and cut through the wall so the dogs could come and go as the please. This is a WONDERFUL thing especially at night as well as removing some worry on the days we all work long shifts and are away for the dogs for 10hr straight (rare but does happen sometimes). Let me say that if we could have gone through a door we would have but our home just doesn't work out like that LOL. Had it been an in the door install I have no doubt that it would have been very simple and done and over with in 30min total time. BUT since we have to go though a wall and since our female is a princess and we knew we had to get her a very large door (extra large) as she would refuse to squeeze through a door her size this job became a weekend project and involved moving a stud to allow for the width of the frame. We did have to use the in wall kit (sold separately) but you could also simply frame a box around the doors and it would be the same thing for less money.

All that said it was well worth the work even for a novice such as I for the convenience to the dogs. They love it and it works great for them. The double flaps are heavy and have magnetic clasps that maintain the house insulation very well.

I live in an area that has strong winds and lots of snow in the winter. This door works very well at keeping out the weather. While one plastic door may blow in some from the wind, unless we are getting gusts over 45 mph, the inside door barely moves. I have stood in front of the door during some of our worst winter storms and barely felt the cold and snow. It does catch dirt in between, but the vacuum takes care of that. It Was a Challenge putting in only because the door was made of steel, and I have never installed a pet door before. For someone who is handy with tools, I am sure installation would be a breeze.

I bought one of these Ruff Weather doors about a year ago, and I am just getting ready to buy another for a different area of my home. I was hesitant to purchase this door at first as it seemed kind of cheap in comparison to the Hales, but I could not really justify spending hundreds of dollars on a dog door. While I don't think the Ruff Weather is the most attractive looking door, it has been very effective in sealing out of the cold weather and my dogs can use it with ease. I would recommend this door to anyone looking for a door that will be energy efficient and affordable.

0 comments to "Ideal Ruff Weather Pet Door"

Post a Comment